Is your business’s roof starting to show signs of aging? You don’t have to wait until water damage appears to schedule commercial roof replacement. There are lots of options available for replacing a worn or damaged roof.
The Advantages of Different Roofing Materials
Professional roofing contractors have experience with countless different materials for commercial roofs. These include EPDM roofs, TPO roofs, composite styles and tar roofs. Here are some of the benefits:
- Energy efficiency: Thermoplastic roofing and photovoltaic roofing provide excellent thermal insulation for flat roofs. These options can reflect sunlight instead of absorbing it, preventing excess heat from entering your building. The better your building’s energy efficiency, the less money you spend on cooling costs each month.
- Chemical resistance: Thermoplastic roofing is resistant to many different types of chemicals. This type of roof is also fire resistant. This makes it a great choice for industrial applications and places with day after day of intense sunlight.
- Durability: Both EPDM roofs and thermoplastic roofs are phenomenal for strength, flexibility and durability. When properly installed and maintained by roofing professionals, these commercial roof replacement solutions often last approximately 20 years.
- Lower maintenance requirements: EPDM roofing is very easy to work with and repair as needs arise. Patching minor tears and hail damage is a breeze for experts, which can save you money on total replacement.
- Green properties: Green roofing systems use a combination of special waterproof layers and natural plants to insulate roofing. Not only are these options growing in popularity, they provide numerous benefits for the environment. Interior temperatures stay incredibly cool while you contribute to local biodiversity at the same time.
Time for Replacement
Any time the benefits of replacement outweigh the costs required, it’s a good idea to upgrade your roof. There are also special coatings that can be applied above existing roofing in good condition. This can save you a lot of money and prevent major problems from showing up.